At Hot Lotus we will be offering mat-based Body Control Pilates classes from 9th September 2019.* Lynne Robinson founded Body Control Pilates in 1995 to share the Joseph Pilates method.
She has become a leading figure in the Pilates movement, described by the Observer as ‘the undisputed First Lady of Pilates’.
‘In ten sessions you’ll feel the difference, in twenty you’ll see the difference and
in thirty you’ll have a new body’ Joseph Pilates
What makes Body Control Pilates different?
Pilates is a body-conditioning method that works in a different way to other fitness techniques. Targeting the deep postural muscles, it works by building strength from the inside out, rebalancing the body and bringing it into correct alignment.
It helps to reshape your body which will become longer, leaner and more toned. It will also improve your posture, achieving the perfect balance between strength and flexibility, plus it’s a great way to relieve unwanted stress and tension.
The core of the method is ‘awareness of your own body’ and each and every exercise is built around its eight key principles:
- Flowing Movements
Why Body Control Pilates?
- Quality of Teaching – Body Control teachers are renowned for their attention to detail and their ability to cater for the needs of the individual
- Client Assessment – Before joining a class your teacher will ask you to complete an enrolment form giving details of injuries or conditions
- Class size – Teachers work to a maximum class size of 12, ensuring close supervision and support
- Progressive approach – you are taught safe movement skills that give you the strength and confidence to do more advanced Pilates exercises
- Code of practice – Body Control Pilates teachers work to a code of practice that governs standards and ethics
Who will benefit from Body Control Pilates?
Pilates is suitable for all ages and fitness levels and is particularly beneficial for those with back pain, poor postures, sports injuries, arthritis, stress related illness and before and after pregnancy, neurological conditions and mental health conditions.
Classes can be tailored to different levels of ability from complete beginners and those who are rehabilitating to those who want to challenge their bodies with targeted exercises to improve core strength, lengthen and tone muscles and posture.
Body control Pilates is more effective when taken as a course. The courses will vary between 6-7 weeks and our first course starts on Monday 9th September at 1.30pm
This course is not included within existing memberships or class passes although those on memberships will benefit from a 10% discount. A 7 week course is £70 and can be booked under courses.