HOT YOGA 26 (BIKRAM)
Our Hot Yoga 26 class is the original form of hot yoga, based on the Bikram series of 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises. Suitable for all levels AND CREATED SPECIFICALLY FOR BEGINNERS, our classes are either 90 mins, 75 or 60 mins and are taught in a room heated to approximately 40°C.
This series systematically works every muscle, tendon, joint, ligament, organ and gland. It also moves oxygenated blood to the cells of your body. By the end of the class, you’ll feel rejuvenated and re-energized.
The sequence of 26 postures was scientifically designed to systematically and progressively work every muscle, ligament, tendon and joint, moving fresh oxygenated blood around 100% of the body, into each and every organ and fibre, restoring all systems.
We practice the same postures every time, actively encouraging you to maintain and improve focus, stimulating and improving a mind-body connection. Every posture prepares you for the next, and each proceeding posture gains from the previous one, resulting in incredible benefits that include improved posture, muscle & joint mobility, concentration, increased energy, and overall rejuvenation.
Top reasons for practising Hot 26:
- Hot 26 offers a Complete Body and Mind workout resulting in improved physical and mental health
- Strength, Flexibility & Muscle Toning – the postures systematically & progressively work every muscle, joint, ligament and tendon in your body
- Weight Loss – Rebalances your metabolism and on average calories burns between 600 to 800 calories per class
- Detox – The Heat and humidity are careful controlled to encourage you to sweat. In doing so sweat flushes toxins and metabolic waste from your body, improving circulation and complexion
- Rehabilitates injuries such as Knee and Hamstring issues, and improve your overall performance
- Reduces Stress by teaching you breathing techniques that calm the central nervous system, eliminating stress and anxiety and teaches you live in the present moment
- Re-balance Hormones – Every gland in your body is stimulated, improving poor wake-sleep cycles, depression, metabolism, immune system, sexual/reproductive systems and hunger cravings
- Enhanced Focus & Concentration – Physically working hard in a hot room forces an unparalleled connection to your body and mind, producing heightened mental clarity